Nashville is hosting WordCamp US, y’all. We are excited to announce that WordCamp US 2017 will take place at the phenomenal Music City Center. Even though this venue is just 4-years-old, it has already made its mark as an amazing destination center.
Music City Center is able to boast its 2.1 million square foot presence in the heart of Nashville. It’s the perfect site for everything from intimate bridal shows to massive comic conventions. With its downtown location, visitors find themselves just steps away from Nashville’s many offerings.
In addition to hosting events, Music City Center is the host to public artwork. The center represents over 50 artists and displays with over 100 pieces of eye-catching artwork. The art pieces include a mixture of paintings, suspended pieces, new media, mosaics, and light works that can be observed throughout the building.
There are many attractions within walking distance of Music City Center. Highlights include the popular: Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Frist Center for the Visual Arts, Johnny Cash Museum, Schermerhorn Symphony Center, and Bridgestone Arena.
All you foodies out there won’t be disappointed. Whether you’re looking for something high-end to good, old-fashioned home cooking, there’s a place for you. Withing walking distance of Music City are a variety of eateries to explore including: Etch, The Southern Steak & Oyster, Bakersfield Tacos, Merchants, and more. Just a short cab ride away is the Germantown section of Nashville which is home to one of the hottest rising destination food scenes in the US.
Nashville is growing by leaps and bounds as a diverse city with many possibilities. Here are just some of the accolades Nashville has received in recent years:
- Nashville named WalletHub’s #1 best city for women-led businesses
- Nashville named the 2015 Destination of the Year by Travel and Leisure Magazine
- Nashville named 2011 Best Music Scene by Rolling Stone Magazine
- Nashville ranked within the top 10 on Cvent’s list of Top 50 Meeting Destinations in the United States. (August 2015)
- Nashville listed in Collaborate Magazine’s list of the Top 12 Foodie Cities for Meetings.
- Nashville named #3 Best Convention City in the 10 Best USA Today Readers’ Choice Awards.
- Nashville named in GreenBiz.com’s list of Top 10 U.S. Cities for Green Meetings in 2014.
With all that Downtown Nashville has to offer, you can see why the Music City Center was chosen as a great venue to host WordCamp US. We can’t wait for you to come and enjoy the conference as well as the wonderful city!
Photo credit: Randy Hicks.
Contributing Writer: Eleasha Drew