The organizing team has received several questions about travelling from outside of the country to the United States. To ensure that everyone has the most accurate and up-to-date information about the rules and regulations, we’ve put together this page with some handy links and information to help you with your trip to WordCamp US.
WordPress Community Support can provide you with a letter for your visa application. The letter is not an invitation (unless you’re a speaker). The letter will state the following:
- That you are attending the event
- The dates of the conference
- The purpose of the conference
Before a letter will be provided, you MUST purchase a ticket. Without a purchased ticket, we cannot provide you with a letter for your visa.
Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing of your visa letter. To ensure that we can get your request handled in a timely fashion, please purchase your ticket and submit your request no later than November 1st, 2017.
Please be advised that every country has unique procedures and policies regarding international travel. Make sure you allow enough time to investigate and these procedures and policies to obtain any travel documents you may need.
To request your visa letter, please send a secure note via LastPass with the following information:
- What type of ticket holder you are (Attendee, Speaker, Volunteer, Sponsor)
- First Name (as it appears on your passport)
- Last Name (as it appears on your passport)
- Country of Residency
- Passport Number
- Email address
Secure notes without complete information will not receive a visa letter.
Links and Up to Date Travel Information
Please check back as more information becomes available.
- Department of State – Tourism & Visit
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection – Required Documentation for Entering the U.S.
- Department of Homeland Security – Visit the United States
- U.S. Supreme Court Decision on the President’s Executive Order
- Background Briefing on the Implementation of Executive Order 13780
- Official ESTA Application